Can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I last blogged. Things have been a bit crazy on the work front (running the home show and moving the office to a new building recently purchased) and at home with the always-crazy pace of getting things done around the house while juggling 3 kids' activities and needs. And now it's almost March!
I have been looking forward to March. After my traditional Jan/Feb home show madness with work, I always look forward to Spring Break in Destin with the whole family ... and we're just 3 weeks away from that right now. But before then I do have one other diversion ... I am taking my mom on a short Royal Caribbean cruise to celebrate her 75th bday! She has only flown one other time in her life and has not really ever traveled ... so she is stressed and excited about the trip all at once. HA
So on Sunday afternoon, mom and I head out. I'll post again and leave the address of the "cruise blog" that I created for her to share with her friends. I hope that time and connection will allow me to post some pics of her enjoying her big trip.
And I have to throw out a big congrats to Drew (warning: mommy brag) for his advancement in the Eureka College Reagan Leadership Competition. He received a phone call today that the field of 78 semi-finalists who competed two weeks ago has been narrowed down to the top 10 finalists ... and he is one of them! He will have a phone interview with several faculty members and that will help them narrow the field a bit further. Six of the final 10 will receive full tuition scholarships to attend Eureka College due to their leadership experiences and skills. We are very proud of him and hope for the best ... all while we also wait for word on any progress in the scholarship competition he also was part of at Carthage College. He should have final word on both by the end of March and have a clear path as to which college is going to become his new academic home next fall! It's an exciting time for him.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Yes, I am still alive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment