TJ had a fun day turning 10! He and I had some mom/son time today to have lunch and take in a movie together (Wall-e) and then the whole family went out for dinner at Chevy's. He got the usual treatment of their birthday celebration, complete with singing, clapping, ice cream and a souvenier sombrero. HA
His aunts/uncles/cousins made sure he has some spiffy new shirts ... Bulls and NASCAR, so those were fun to open. We came home kind of late from dinner and he thought the fun day was over ... but he had one last surprise. He was happy to see the snare drum kit he wanted to get him started on the drums for 5th grade band. Yes, we are crazy. He's just a drum kind of kid, though ... it just fits him!
So we finally got it opened and assembled and he started playing the drum about 9:30pm ... I checked everywhere in the drum bag, but I didn't find any ear plugs or Tylenol for the owner's parents! HA
And you can tell it was past Abby's bedtime in the video because she is tired and at the end is saying a very dramatic, "You never do videos of meeeeeeeeeeee ..." She was tucked in shortly thereafter! ;-)
Happy birthday, TJ! I can't believe I now have two of my kiddos in the "double digit" years. And it won't be too much longer before Drew is celebrating his last birthday in the teens!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Happy 10th Birthday, TJ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Happy Birthday TJ! He's just a few months older than Parker. I am freaking out that I will soon have 2 in double digits!! (Parker has a drum set, but he doesn't play it often! He is getting piano lessons first! Jake's tuba makes enough noise! LOL!)
Post a Comment