This weekend I traveled to Kenosha for the Carthage College Christmas Festival. Mitch and the kids stayed home, so I asked a friend, Joan, and her daughter Liz to come along for the ride. We had a really fun time going to the program, spending some time with Drew, and doing some holiday shopping at an outlet mall in the area.
The program was Friday night and was really beautiful. All of the Carthage vocal groups were part of the program, and it was great to see Drew with Carthage Choir. This event serves as a fundraiser for their European Tour in January, so he will earn a bit toward his trip for their three performances (Fri-Sat-Sun). It ended with a beautiful service of light with the entire chapel and all choirs singing "Silent Night" and participating in the candle lighting.
We also got to have dinner with Drew and meet his friend, Sarah. We had a good time getting to know her and I don't think she felt too much like she was attending an inquisition, ha ha. Joan took pictures this weekend too so I may have more to add when she sends them to me.
On the home front, Roxy is settling in well but still full of puppy energy! Here are a couple of recent pics.


Sunday, December 07, 2008
Christmas Festival
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment