Sunday, December 06, 2009

'Tis the Season ...

... to be "crazy busy" I guess! Can't believe it has been so long since I posted here! During that time we have had much going on at home and at work. I think even though we are headed into the crazy holiday schedules, it will not be as busy as the last 3-4 weeks have been!

We hosted Thanksgiving here at our house with our 3 parents, and that was really nice. Added bonus to have Drew home from school and be able to enjoy a bit of one-on-one time with him too!
TJ is in full basketball mode with weeknight practices and games every Saturday & Sunday, so we are doing lots of bleacher time. Today his 6th grade travel team won the 3rd place game in a tourney, pictured here after the game!

I spent two days traveling to/from Wisconsin to spend some time with Drew and to see him with his choirs in the Carthage Christmas Festival. It was wonderful, as I knew it would be. He only has 4 years of college and so only 4 of these programs ... and having been to the first 2, I know I won't miss the last 2. The special times and programs are few, and those 4 years go by too fast!

Now that I finally feel like we can return to life at its normal busy pace instead of the insanity of the past few weeks ... look for more updates on things like our upcoming visit to the Christmas tree farm and the kids holiday programs! Yes, it 'tis the season!

1 comment:

Marla said...

So good to hear from you! Glad y'all are doing well, life just gets busier and busier, doesn't it?

Happy Holidays to your sweet family!