Looks like I have been tagged by two friends, almost simultaneously ... Colleen and Marla! Click on their names to visit their blogs. How can I come up with 14 blogs to tag?!?!?
How this works: I am to list 7 strange/weird things you may not know about me. The rules are to link the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I have been in my current job for nearly 12 years. I'm a working mom who you will never hear say resents working. I really love my job. I hear people say how they hate going to work or can't stand their boss or they are counting down the days to retirement. I feel so lucky to have a job that I love, enjoy going to every day, and allows me to juggle work and family in a sane way. I'm very lucky to have always had the choice to stay in a job that I love, and not everyone can say that.
2. My parents both came from really large families (10-12 kids each) and I was an only child. I always said while growing up that I wanted to have a big, happy, crazy family of 6 kids. I got the happy and crazy ... and I made it halfway to 6!
3. Adoption has always been part of my family ... my dad was adopted by a family member as an infant when his mom was lost in childbirth. Watching him deal with some loss issues with his father and facing his biological past had an impact on me that I hope will be helpful to Abby someday.
4. Mitch and I have been a couple for 75% of our lives, I was 15 when we met.
5. My parents are/were kind and loving people as a whole ... just not the kind to verbalize their feelings and affection. It leaves a void in your soul when you don't hear someone say they love you, even if you know they do. I tell my kids that I love them every day because of that experience.
6. When I was in grade school, I was taken to the police station every day after school. Don't panic, it wasn't behavior related ... we were picking my dad up at the end of his shift! :-)
7. I find watching aquarium fish to be very relaxing, and when I used to have more time to tend them (before 3 kids), I really enjoyed doing that. I do still have an aquarium that I enjoy using as a stress-reliever.
Ok, here's the deal. I have assessed my ability to be responsible for all 14 tags ... and I don't think I have the energy or resources today to do that! So here are my 7 tags. Just click on their names to visit their blogs!
Jen S at The Schmidt Family 5
Julie B at The Burt Clan
Jill B at The Biehl Girls and Two Guys
Amy E at Little Red & Princess Buttercup
Christie W The Wrights 4
Karyn M at Emily & Olivia Updates
Susan W at Adventures in China
Saturday, February 16, 2008
I've Been Tagged! Twice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sorry Lisa! I should have paid attention before I tagged you, but thanks for playing!
LOL @ going to the police station every day. :)
I love watching fish swim too. I would love to have an aquarium...some day : ) Thanks for participating.
Post a Comment