Well, at least for Drew ... the seniors last day of school was yesterday. Now it's just a couple of graduation practices early in the week, Baccalaureate on Wed night, and waiting for the big graduation day the following Sunday!
I have been so emotional this week, it's so bittersweet. I'm so excited for him to graduate and move onto college and start his life as an adult. It's just hard to think that means leaving his life as a kid at home with us ... but I know watching how his world comes together over the next few years will be so very rewarding that it will outweigh the sadness I feel about him being gone.
On a much lighter note ... Drew received word yesterday about another scholarship! I work for the Home Builders Association in Peoria and we are affiliated with the National Home Builders Association. The group of executive directors like myself across the country has a scholarship fund for our children ... and Drew's application was selected to receive a one-time, $3000 award in recognition of his work on the teen driving issues and other community service. He is one of 6 recipients across the country to receive this award. He has done so well in scholarship awards that we are down to paying just about only the room and board now ... way to go, kiddo! :-)
Saturday, May 10, 2008
School's Out ... forever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Congrats Drew!!
Post a Comment