Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Heebie Jeebies

I came out of work tonight on a beautiful summer evening ... stepped down off the curb in the parking spot next to my car ... and this slimy creature was standing guard at my driver side door

I don't know if you can really see it ... you can click on the picture to see a larger view if you would like to ... but it was a 3-ish foot snake! Kind of gold and brown/black diamond pattern, all zig zagged up and soaking up the sun on the parking lot. I screamed, of course. After taking a couple of pics and standing there trying to decide what to do ... I walked to the business across the parking lot and asked if anyone was "snake friendly" enough to move it away from my door so I could go home. Three guys came over and had a good time chasing it ... it went up against the building and got pretty mad at them, and it ended up coiling up under a garden hose box adjacent to the side door at my office. Great. How many times do you think I will look for that thing now when I come and go?

1 comment:

Marla said...

Ewwwww! What a way to end the work day! *shivers*