Friday, August 01, 2008

A Special Package from China!


Today I received a very special package from China! Click on any of the pictures to see a larger view.

Beverly asked if there was anything from China that I would like to have ... and I told her that I had always regretted not purchasing one of the beautiful porcelain figurines that I saw in the shops in Guangzhou. So since she lives in Guangzhou she of course ran right out to Shamian Island and picked out not one ... but two ... of these gorgeous figurines!

She mailed them about two weeks ago and was told the package would probably take about 6 weeks to reach us ... but here they are! It was exciting to get a box with Chinese characters and the mailing label with our info in English and Chinese ... we laughed and wondered if anything from China had ever come through the Tremont post office before! ha ha
What I loved about them was the detail and delicate features. Note the painted fingernails and bangle bracelets in the close up picture. I talked myself out of buying them in China because we already had a suitcase full of special items, and we had lots of people who helped us along the way with our adoption that we wanted to bring special gifts to ... and I decided that these would take up too much valuable luggage space, and were probably far too delicate to pack in our luggage.

There were a few minor casualties of the more delicate parts ... a few fingers, to be exact ... but they are now in tact and beautiful, as you can see. A little crazy glue does wonders! ;-)

Thank you Beverly! Now the only thing we are anxiously awaiting to arrive from China is YOU!!

1 comment:

Jeff and Amy said...

Wow, those are gorgeous, how exciting and awesome for you:)