I'm posting this a bit early, but just wanted to say that October 6, 1989 ... 19 years ago ... was one of the best days of my life! The day I became a mom for the first time, and the start of a wonderful 19 years raising a great son!
Happy Birthday, Drew!
It feels strange to be "celebrating" the day without Drew here! Since we couldn't do cake at home this year with Drew away at college, Abby and I baked some brownies that have already made their way to the dorm room ... and Abby has this special musical treat (??) for Drew!
I am so excited to be heading to Kenosha on Friday to see Drew for the first time in 6 weeks since we moved him into the dorm! I'm riding up with Mitch's parents for homecoming weekend, where we'll have a chance to see Drew with the pep band at a pep rally, the parade and the game ... but also we'll share a special breakfast event on Saturday in recognition of a scholarship award. Then in two weeks, the whole gang will be heading to Carthage College for "Fall Family Weekend" and a tailgate party and football game. Should be fun!
Enjoy your birthday Drew! Last one of your teen years! EEK!
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Happy 19th Birthday, Drew!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment