Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A Special Day!


Five years ago today, this little peanut was put into our arms at the Grand Sun City Hotel in Changsha, Hunan!

So hard to believe it has been 5 years, but so much has changed in that time that the reality of 5 years passing is clear. The bald little baby from 5 years ago now has hair down to her waistline ... and the terrified little baby from 5 years ago is happily and firmly implanted into family life. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it has ONLY been 5 years!

Last year I did post all of our travel messages to a separate blog. It has the most recent post first, but you can go all the way to bottom and read "up" to find the posts about meeting Abby, click on the blog name:

Our Beautiful Sunflower

Happy family day, Abigail Kui Yan! I'm proud to be your mom, and I love the way adoption has changed the face and dynamic of our family.

6 comments:

Marla said...

Happy family day Abby!!! And happy "meeting in the Changsha Wal Mart week" to us!! LOL!!

The Wrights said...

I can't believe 5 years...
Time flies when you're having fun!
It has been so wonderful to follow your story!

Jill said...

Lisa and family,
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!
Hugs, Jill

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Oh, how much fun to look back and remember that day! I can watch the clock and remember the times from waiting in the airport to rushing to the Civil Affairs office. It brings butterflies to my stomach all over again.
How blessed we are,
Robbie

Becky said...

Happy Family day Abby! I hope your day was wonderful!

Wendy said...

Wow, Lisa, I just found your blog. We were in your Feb Firecracker group but I've lots track of so many from that group.
Congratulations on five years together with Abby. She was such a beautiful baby and it is amazing to see her now...still just gorgeous. I'll have to bookmark your blog and visit more often to catch up.

Wendy Ditmars