Friday night I was in Kenosha to enjoy the Carthage College Christmas Festival. It's always a great event and so special to see Drew be part of it. The picture here is from the final song, which becomes a candle light rendition of "Silent Night" ... and is very moving.
The top picture shows half of the chapel, at best. There are 3 sections of the main floor, and 3 sections of balcony. I think about 2,000 people are seated in the chapel at capacity, and for 2 of their 3 performances, guests were also seated in an overflow room watching the program on large screens.
The music department at Carthage is amazing, and I'm so glad Drew is there experiencing all of this! Drew is about in the middle of the bottom picture, with a mixture of the 5 vocal ensembles.
Saturday we did some power shopping at the outlet mall, and I put a pretty good dent in the Christmas list. It was great to spend the time with Drew, and now he has 2 weeks of classes and finals left, and will be home December 18!
Monday, December 06, 2010
Weekend in WI
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment