Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday in Destin

The morning started out with tornado warnings and thunderstorms, and it stayed cloudy all day ... but my new mantra is that a rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day at work! :-)

We fixed a sausage/egg dish for brunch in the condo and watched the rain fall. The good thing about being in a condo versus a hotel room is that there is room for the five of us to spread out and have our space! It definitely makes an inside day more tolerable for the kids.

TJ went out to eat and shop with his friend's family, and Mitch vetoed shopping so the girls and I headed to the outlet mall. Bought a few things at the Nike and Aero stores and headed back to the condo. Beverly joined up with TJ and the Payne family to go to a movie, so they were happy to get out and about for awhile longer.



Abby and I went on a beach walk once the rain cleared. It was amazing to see how far the surf had washed up during the storm, and there were lots of jellyfish. There were lots of these Portugese Man-of-War, on the left ...









and this really large Moon Jelly ... click to see full size view,


Abby had a great time looking at them from a distance and writing her name in the sand.


I was taking a picture of her when a lady came along and offered to take a picture of both of us. I agreed since I am in very, very few of our family shots since I am always behind the lens!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were in Gulf Shores last week and there were TONS of Portugese Man-of-War's there. On Wednesday there were thousands of them that had washed up with the high tide Tuesday night.